Social Media Panel Discussion - January 21, 2009
(opens new window)Interested in social media? Do you want to hear me speak? On January 21 Refresh Detroit (opens new window) is hosting a Social Media Panel Discussion at Washtenaw Community College (opens new window). It is a free event and open to the public.
Learn about the opportunities social media brings for individuals, companies, and social causes. Find out how to use social media to
- engage your customers
- grow your career or business
- drive social change
- and more
- Kevin Krason, President, Biznet Internet Solutions (opens new window) Founder of Biznet in 1994, Kevin’s strong leadership and business savvy have led Biznet to become one of the most successful web development companies in Michigan. Kevin’s skill at getting everyone on the same page has been instrumental for Biznet in establishing long term client partnerships.
- Shauna Nicholson, Marketing Manager, Biznet Internet Solutions (opens new window) Working exclusively in online marketing strategy, Shauna is known for her insight on social media marketing, Shauna is a resource for metro-Detroit businesses who want to leverage the most powerful online tools available. By transcending the social media hype and pairing reality-based business and marketing strategy to the tools, she positions clients to effectively secure measurable ROI.
- Ken Burbary, VP Digital at BIG Communications (opens new window) Ken has been involved in web development and interactive media his entire professional career. Constantly learning, he soaks up as many new pieces of information as possible. He’s equally passionate about both business and technology innovations driving his industry.
- Nick DeNardis, Associate Director of Web Communications at Wayne State University (opens new window) Nick oversees a staff of eight dedicated to web communications at Wayne State. He has initiated and maintains all of the university’s current social media initiatives. He hosts the video blog EDU Checkup (opens new window) where he reviews a higher education web sites live. Nick is also a .eduGuru (opens new window) writer and an active member of the higher education web community.
Where: Washtenaw Community College (opens new window), Ann Arbor, Michigan. We will be meeting in Room 121 at the Morris Lawrence Building (map (opens new window)). Plenty of free parking is available adjacent to the building.
When: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Cost: Free! Open to the public.