Refresh Detroit held a Social Media Panel Discussion on January 21, 2009 that I was lucky enough to be part of. It was the first time I had been part of a panel discussion and it was a great experience.
The panel consisted of (from left to right):
- Nick DeNardis, Associate Director of Web Communications at Wayne State University
- Shauna Nicholson, Marketing Manager, Biznet Internet Solutions
- Chad Wiebesick, Interactive Strategy Director at Perich Advertising + Design. (Moderator)
- Kevin Krason, President, Biznet Internet Solutions
- Ken Burbary, VP Digital at BIG Communications
This free event took place at Washtenaw Community College in Ann Arbor, Michigan. There was ~30 people who attended from various industries, they came to get a better understanding of social media and how they can leverage it.
The questions brought out not only the direction and how to for beginners but also the best practices and case studies of the advanced users in the social media field.
On the Refresh Detroit Web site they posted the summary of resources and references.
In addition the entire panel was recorded and is available below.
Audio provided by VC Web Services: