Twitter spammers are getting smarter but they still make dumb mistakes. All of these accounts don’t look suspicious at first glance.
It’s in the details
- No bio is a tip off
- No website is another big tip off
- All followed in a row which is a little weird
- All have just a state name as their location
- Three of the accounts all have the same recent three tweets
- The top two tweets repeat words “restaurant steak” and “discounted concert tickets” twice. No people talk that way on Twitter. (humans try to save characters)
- Lastly all the accounts use the same short URL’s. Just going to the + in bit.ly shows all the other accounts using that URL. Take a look at http://bit.ly/grGEgg+, anything look familiar in the conversations area?
Come on spam, I know you are learning but really? I give the people props for being more subtle but they still have a long way to go before fooling a real human.